At the Williamsburg School of Music, our goal is to help you succeed in learning/improving at an instrument. We know that things come up sometimes that may make this inconvenient and we can sympathize, but in order for us to offer the best private lessons we can at the lowest rates we can, it is important to us to hold the following policies:
The cancellation policy for lessons is as follows: 24 hours notice is required for cancellation of any lessons. Otherwise, you will still be charged for the missed lesson.
Please be aware that WSM and any of its teachers are not responsible for any loss of property or personal injury. By attending any class, lesson, or event with WSM, you are waiving any rights to the liability of WSM and its teachers and to any claims, suits, demands, damages, judgements, costs and expenses that you may incur.
We make an effort to keep our policies clear and easy to follow - we want you to know what we're thinking!
1. Our teachers are all part time and have their own music careers, and must arrange their lives around the lessons that are booked here. That is why it is important that students understand and adhere to our 24-hour cancellation policy. When you schedule a lesson with us, the teacher is reserving his or her time and may be giving up another gig or lesson because they are scheduled to work with you instead, hence the need for 24 hours notice of any cancellations or schedule changes.
2. All hours of a discounted private lesson package (Groupon or Living Social) must be used within 4 weeks. We can combine the half hours into hour lessons if you'd like.
3. If you've missed your lesson, did not provide 24 hours notice, and you schedule a makeup later in the week, we will still be counting the original date as a lesson as well. We think it's great that you don't want to wait another week for your next lesson, but we still had to pay our teacher for the one you missed.
4. We keep our prices as low as we possibly can while still being able to afford the rent and pay our amazing teachers enough to keep them teaching here for a long time. We offer discounted lessons if you buy them in packs of 5 or 15 and believe our rates are competitive and fair. You will definitely feel that you're getting your money's worth.
5. Specific teachers for a class or a lesson cannot be guaranteed and we will sometimes have to schedule an alternate teacher to cover a class. We do, however, work very hard to try and avoid this. We know that consistency is important and we hire teachers who are the best at what they do and are also reliable enough to give you a steady, consistent learning experience.
6. The main office staff consists of Craig and David. All logistics dealing with scheduling, payments, and lessons are handled by Craig at email@example.com. We try to respond quickly to questions or concerns and be easy to get in touch with. We will do our absolute best to notify you promptly in the event of a class change, cancelation, or emergency and work out a solution that makes everyone happy.
7. We value the safety and security of our students and staff, so we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is disruptive, disrespectful, harassing, intoxicated, or who causes any kind of safety concern to anybody here.
If you ever have a concern that isn't being addressed, you can email Craig, the owner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting WSM: Emailing us at email@example.com is our preferred method of communication (and you will probably get a faster response, to be honest), but our office number should you ever need it is 718-9631-3600.
We are super excited to have you as a student at the Williamsburg School of Music and look very forward to having you in a lesson!